Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Paige Calico at Bootleg Theater, 2-7-17: Photos

Paige Calico performing "Fire"
Last night I went to see Henry Wagons at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles. (You can read my review of his show here.) I arrived in time to catch the opening set by Paige Calico, and was struck by her voice, by the harmonies, by the cool work on electric guitar, and by the easygoing demeanor of the entire band. Their music made me feel good, and that is exactly what I wanted, what I needed yesterday.

Paige focused on the music from her EP, Crying Diamonds, playing all six tunes from it (though in a different order) before then wrapping up the set with a few new ones. My personal favorite was “Howlin’ At The Moon,” one of the songs from the EP.

Here are a few photos from her set.

"Fire" 
"Fire" 
"The Hard Way"
"The Hard Way"
"Haunting Me"

No comments:

Post a Comment