Thursday, September 6, 2018

Mason Summit at Hey Hey, 9-6-18: Photos

I’ve been enjoying Mason Summit’s albums for a few years now, yet for one reason or another hadn’t had a chance to see him perform. So this evening I made my way down to Echo Park to a place called Hey Hey, where he was doing a solo acoustic set. I hadn’t been to that venue before (I think it’s a new place), and I actually never made it inside, because the music was on the patio just off the street. Yes, a nice outdoor show. When I got there, Mason was already partway through his set, and I sat down on what may in fact be the least comfortable chair in existence. But of course the music is what was important, and the music was good. He played some songs off his most recent release, Summer Cold, including “Catch & Release,” “Biting My Nails” and the title track. He also played a new tune that I liked a lot.

Here are a few photos from the show:


Hey Hey is located at 1555 W. Sunset Blvd. in Los Angeles, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment