Sunday, December 17, 2017

Chris Pierce at The Federal Bar, 12-17-17: Photos

Chris Pierce performing "Trouble Man"
I have to admit that mimosas are growing on me. I don’t like champagne, and the first time I tried a mimosa (which was last year at one of these concerts), I hated it. But you see, when you go into The Federal Bar, you’re handed a couple of tickets for free drinks, and the only drink you can get with those tickets is a mimosa. I like to drink. And I love to drink for free. So the past few shows I attended there, I had mimosas. And today I can finally say that I enjoyed them.

Today’s show was The Dustbowl Revival, with Chris Pierce delivering a delicious soul set to kick off the day. Chris Pierce opened his set with an Otis Redding song, “That’s How Strong My Love Is,” and before the end of it, proved himself to be the real deal. He did some other covers, such as Al Green’s “I’m A Ram” and Marvin Gaye’s “Trouble Man.” He also sang some originals, including “We Can Always Come Back To This” (one of my favorites of the set) and “Come Home To Me” (a new song). He concluded his set with a cool soul version of “White Christmas.” A seriously good set from beginning to end.

Set List
  1. That’s How Strong My Love Is
  2. You Better Move On
  3. I’m A Ram
  4. Trouble Man
  5. We Can Always Come Back To This
  6. Come Home To Me
  7. Don’t Fight It
  8. White Christmas
Here are a few photos:

"That's How Strong My Love Is"
"I'm A Ram"
"Trouble Man"
"We Can Always Come Back To This"
The Federal Bar is located at 5303 Lankershim Blvd. in North Hollywood, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment