Friday, September 17, 2021

Club Passim Pays Tribute To Nanci Griffith

The song that turned me on to Nanci Griffith was “It’s A Hard Life Wherever You Go,” which – if I recall correctly – I heard on WERS in the very late 1980s when I was getting seriously into folk music. Soon after that I heard “Love At The Five And Dime,” which of course has a very different tone, and by then I was completely hooked. Last month Nanci Griffith died. I still hadn’t gotten used to John Prine being gone (hell, I’m only now starting to come to terms with Leonard Cohen’s death), and Nanci Griffith’s passing hit me kind of hard. It hit a lot of music fans that way. On September 24th, Club Passim is going to give folks a chance to come together and celebrate her music with a tribute to this phenomenal singer and songwriter. I wish I could be there. The lineup features Chris O’Brien, Kim Moberg, Lindsay Foote, Ric Allendorf, Rob Siegel, and Tracy Grammer & Jim Henry, among several others. Tickets are only $15, and the show starts at 7 p.m. For more information, including the full lineup, visit Club Passim’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment