Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Goodbye, Bull McCabe’s

This pandemic has been taking its toll on everyone, both emotionally and financially. Music venues and bars in particular have been hit hard, forced to close for months, and without an end in sight. And several of them have had to make the difficult choice to give up. Bull McCabe’s, a wonderful spot in Union Square in Somerville, Massachusetts, is the latest music venue to close for good. I’ve spent a lot of fantastic nights in that tiny place, enjoying the various projects of singer and songwriter Josh Lederman. I basically associate that venue with him, from those earlier days when it was Tir Na Nog and Josh Lederman Y Los Diablos would play (those shows were some of the best I’ve ever attended) to more recent and totally fun Be Nice Or Leave Brass Band shows. For me, it was always Josh’s place, and I am going to seriously miss it. Bull McCabe’s was at its Union Square location for the last twelve years. I hope that when we reach the end of this pandemic, there are still some small, independent music venues to welcome us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment