Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Christopher Cross Is Releasing A Career Retrospective Boxed Set


In early 1984, “Think Of Laura” was on the radio constantly. I was twelve years old, and even at that age, the song affected me. It was beautiful and moving. I eventually bought the record, and a few other albums by Christopher Cross, and wondered just what the deal was regarding the flamingos which were featured prominently on the covers of his first couple of records. I still have no idea. But, no matter. The music was good. And now Christopher Cross is releasing a giant, limited edition boxed set. Titled Complete Works, it contains thirteen CDs – twelve previously released albums and a bonus disc of thirteen rare tracks. All tracks have been remastered. The albums contained in this set are Christopher Cross, Another Page, Every Turn Of The World, Back Of My Mind, Rendezvous, Window, Walking In Avalon, A Christopher Cross Christmas, The Café Carlyle Sessions, Doctor Faith, Secret Ladder and Take Me As I Am. But possibly the coolest thing in the box is a pink vinyl album containing one cut from each of the albums. As I’ve mentioned before, I love colored vinyl, and I have to imagine the color pink was chosen because of the flamingos. And speaking of flamingos, the cover of this boxed set shows Christopher Cross riding a giant flamingo. Why not? The boxed set also contains a book, and maybe in its pages the flamingo fixation is explained. By the way, each of these boxed sets is signed by Christopher Cross himself, and the run is limited to a thousand copies. It is rather expensive, but pretty cool.

1 comment:

  1. CC said there never was any meaning behind the flamingos nor he has any personal connection to it. I believe it was something that just ended up in the first album and it became a theme.

    ReplyDelete