Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Riverfest Music Festival’s Lineup Includes Ryan Montbleau Band And Air Traffic Controller

I wish I could go back east more often, and I especially wish I could be there for this year’s Riverfest Music Festival, an annual event hosted by the radio station known as The River, 92.5 FM. This year, the headlining act is Ripe, a band that I’ve never seen, but am curious about. However, there are two bands that I love on the bill: Ryan Montbleau Band and Air Traffic Controller. I’ve been digging Ryan Montbleau Band’s work since the 2010 release Heavy On The Vine. This is a band that is adept at mixing genres and delivering excellent original material. And if you are in the mood for the most cheerful and catchy pop song ever, check out Air Traffic Controller’s “The House.” If you somehow are able to keep from dancing, to keep a smile from appearing on your face while listening to it, then I will assume you are the product of artificial intelligence and will keep my distance. Air Traffic Controller puts on a great show. This is going to be a fun day of music. Steve Rondo is also on the bill, but I am not yet familiar with his work.

The concert is free, and it takes place on August 26th, from noon to 6 p.m., on the Broadway Boardwalk at Salisbury Beach in Massachusetts. And in addition to the music, there will be a beer garden, and plenty of other stuff to enjoy. The local restaurants and businesses will remain open. Also, there is a free shuttle from the Salisbury Beach State Reservation parking lot to the Salisbury Beach Broadway Boardwalk (though the parking itself is not free). The concert is rain or shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment