Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Leslie Stevens Band at Bootleg Theater, 6-7-16: Photos

I caught a great night of music at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles. Miranda Lee Richards kicked off the show with a really good full-band set. Then Henry Wagons delivered a phenomenal solo set (while suffering from jet lag after his flight from Australia). He was the artist I was there to see. But I had listened to a couple of tracks from Leslie Stevens before heading out, and I liked what I heard, and so stayed for her set. I’m so glad I did. She did an excellent set, with several special guests. I was particularly impressed by the blending of vocals when she was joined by her Dear Lemon Trees bandmates. I also appreciated her charmingly awkward sense of humor, and was glad she did “Everybody Drinks And Drives In Heaven” (one of the songs I’d listened to earlier in the day). Here are a few photos from her set:

No comments:

Post a Comment