Thursday, March 20, 2014

Leo Kottke's Dunk Tank Summer Camp



Leo Kottke is a seriously talented guitarist, and I became a fan of his more than two decades ago when I picked up a couple of his records (yes, on vinyl). He has now announced his own seminar and summer camp. Called Leo Kottke’s Dunk Tank, it will take place from August 4 to August 8 at Cambria Pines Lodge (reminding me of the first record of his I ever bought, Chewing Pine) in Cambria, California.

From what I’ve read, it sounds like attendees will be able to get one-on-one time with this incredible guitarist. It’s a musical retreat, but folks at any level of experience are encouraged to attend (even those with no experience who are simply fans).

Members of Los Lobos – David Hidalgo, Cesar Rosas and Steve Berlin – will be joining Leo Kottke, so there will certainly be some musical magic up in Cambria this summer. (Recently, the first Los Lobos album – Si Se Puede! – was re-issued digitally.) I hope someone records those jam sessions, because I would love to hear them.

Cambria is a coastal town near San Simeon, approximately halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Tickets for this event are on sale now at Leo Kotte’s Dunk Tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment