Monday, May 30, 2016

Dwayne Dopsie at the Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Music Festival, 5-29-16: Photos

Recently I saw a couple of documentaries on zydeco, and one thing that stayed with me from those films is just how much fun everyone seems to be having at those concerts. So I was excited to be able to experience some of that myself at the Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Music Festival yesterday. Dwayne Dopsie closed out the show at the Cajun stage, and even though I had fairly high expectations, I was completely blown away by the energy and joy of both the band and the audience. I posted some notes about the set in an earlier blog entry, and a few more photos in another entry. But the show was so damn good, and I had great access to the stage, so I ended up taking quite a lot of photos and wanted to share some more of them with you. I hope you enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment