Tuesday, November 21, 2023

New Music Venue Opens In Gloucester, MA

I’ve spent a portion of my summers in Gloucester since I was a kid. It’s where my brother and I collected sea glass, and where I learned to skip stones across the water’s surface. It is also was where I once came within two feet of a shark after squid had washed ashore, and where the cove once filled with jellyfish. But I don’t recall ever seeing a concert there. That is going to change. A restaurant and music venue called The Cut opened yesterday. Well, the restaurant portion opened. The music room will open on January 13th, with Willie Alexander performing. The venue has a capacity of 500, and already has some excellent artists lined up to perform there. The Brother Brothers will play on January 16th, and February 22nd will see a fantastic double bill of Sunny War and Chris Pierce. I wish I could be there for that one. That is going to be a great night, and tickets are only $28. And in the spring, Richard Thompson is scheduled to perform. That show will be on April 5th. I’ve always loved Gloucester, and now, as a music fan, have been given a reason to love it even more.

The Cut is located at 177 Main St. in Gloucester, Massachusetts. Tom Clark is the concert and event manager for the venue. Visit the venue’s website for a full list of shows and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment