Saturday, November 6, 2010

Upcoming CD Releases

I just received another bunch of new CDs. Collectors' Choice Music is continuing its series of classic Cameo-Parkways releases. This batch of four includes music from The Dovells, Dee Dee Sharp and John Zacherle, as well as a holiday compilation titled Cameo-Parkway Holiday Hits (which includes a song from a very young Bob Seger). All four will be released November 23rd.

Yesterday and today I've been listening to The Dovells. This CD is so much fun. Why don't the bloody oldies stations play this stuff instead of the usual 30 songs that have been in rotation for decades? I hope Collectors' Choice sends these CDs to the radio stations and then forces them to play tracks from them every day.

I'm also very excited about the new Dave Brubeck 2-disc CD titled The Definitive Dave Brubeck. It's scheduled to be released November 16th.

I'll be posting reviews of all these CDs soon on Suite101.

No comments:

Post a Comment