Friday, May 21, 2010

Today's Music

Right now I'm listening to the new Dave Coffin CD, which is titled "The King Is Dead." And I'm totally enjoying it. Guess what - Duke Levine is on this CD. What a surprise. Do they ever let that guy out of the studio? My guess is that he has to play on at least fifty albums a month, and then once he's met that obligation, he's allowed to go to Passim or some place and perform a few songs in concert. But of course he has to be back in the studio by midnight, and they then lock him in there for the night, to make sure he doesn't escape and become a bank manager or lawyer or something.

Anyway, I'll be writing a review of this CD soon.

I'll also be writing a review of a Clint Eastwood album. Yes, that's right. Clint Eastwood Sings Cowboy Favorites. It's being released on CD next month (it was originally released in 1963). I love that he does "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" on it. Maybe he should go back to doing cowboy tunes and stop releasing bad to mediocre films like Gran Torino and Changeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment